Surface Skeleton and Buried Body Recovery Seminar
Instructed by Dr. Laura C. Fulginiti and Det. Frank Di Modica – Ret.
Next class April 5 – 7, 2017
Hosted by the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office , Prescott, Arizona.
7100 N. County Fair Trail, Bldg DPrescott Valley, AZ 86314
8:00AM to 4:00PM
Click here for info and registration.
The Surface Skeleton and Buried Body Recovery Seminar is a 3 day, hands-on, course designed to orient detectives, crime scene investigators and medico-legal death investigators to the proper techniques for processing surface skeleton and buried body scenes. The course includes the following topics in a combined classroom instruction and actual buried body recovery exercise:
- Forensic Anthropology in the Medico-Legal System
- Determination of Age-at-Death, Sex, Ancestry and Stature
- Assessment of Bony Trauma
- Positive Identification on Unknown Human Remains
- Period Since Death
- Crime Scene Investigation on Unknown Human Remains
- Techniques for the Proper Recovery of Scattered and Buried Human Remains
- Determination of Human vs. Non-human Remains
- Forensic Odontology
- Forensic Entomology
- The Use and Abuse of Cadaver Dogs (with demonstration)
- Forensic Art and Unknown Remains
Hands-on excavation of homicide scenario in small groups with briefing after.
This course is a lot of fun and consistently receives high marks from the students.
Please contact Detective Frank Di Modica – Ret. at email@example.com;
for more information or to inquire about becoming a host agency for the seminar.